by Evan Santos, Partner Relations at RealMassive
Is Twitter in your commercial real estate tool kit? If not, you could be missing out on huge opportunity. Twitter is where people connect with their interests, share their opinions, and find out what’s happening in the world in real-time. For CRE professionals, Twitter can be a powerful tool to add to your arsenal, with over 300 million active monthly users and over 500 million tweets being posted every day. Businesses and professionals can tap into Twitter to expand their reach, connect with new and existing clients, and keep a constant stream of relevant information. Not to mention, Twitter is an extremely powerful branding and marketing platform. In fact, most of the top companies in industries across the board have realized the value of Twitter and are actively utilizing the platform in their everyday business.
Having a presence on Twitter creates value for you as an individual & as a company. Being present on Twitter creates brand value for you as an individual & company. SocialMarketing Tweet This!
In today’s world, every person online is their own brand. When you establish a strong personal brand, you can integrate that brand with that of your company’s. Social Media expert, Erik Qualman, published a book called Socialnomics that illustrates how social media transforms the way we live and do business. Erik’s work shows us that while branding is often associated with a corporate entity, through personal branding individuals can create a trademark identity that people can come to know them and their business for. For CRE pros, the key to mastering personal branding and capitalizing on Twitter for your business is all about honing in on the art of engagement.
Below are 5 ways to benefit from Twitter and stay on top of your CRE game:
1) Be your own brand. Connect your name to commercial real estate by establishing a presence and becoming a thought leader. Share ideas and articles relating to commercial real estate and reach more people faster by sharing your expertise. Boost your SEO and website traffic by linking back to your website. Some of the world’s largest CRE firms (CBRE, JLL, Cushman, Colliers) have all been using this tactic and have teams created specifically for the purpose of increasing presence on Twitter and other social networks.
2) Find new clients by sharing your commercial real estate listings quickly and easily. Use Twitter as another marketing channel for your properties and developments. Services like RealMassive’s first-of-a kind CRENow™ allows CRE professionals to greatly extend the reach of their commercial real estate listings and tailor those listings through keywords and hashtags specific to CRE searches. More on hashtags below.
3) Generate and nurture relationships. Most people hold LinkedIn as the social channel for professional networking, although Twitter can be even more powerful in building meaningful conversations. On Twitter, you are free from formal introductions and can directly connect with other people in your industry. It’s an open space to follow and interact with potential clients, brand advocates, and influencers outside of your personal network. It’s a great way of joining or even starting discussions with industry experts to raise the profile of your business and build valuable connections.
4) Follow other CRE professionals and news outlets to expand your knowledge. Twitter gives you access to what’s going on in your industry, community, and around the world. Twitter is the 21st century newspaper that provides real-time updates on what’s going on. For this reason, it has quickly become a go-to news source. From natural disasters to presidential elections, news often breaks on twitter before the mainstream media has the chance to publish it.
5) Don’t forget about Twitter’s well known #hashtags. In short, hashtags (#) make words searchable and allow users to enter conversations across the entire twitter platform. Frank Jermusek, President & Managing Director of SVN | Northco, has already tapped into this resource and even wrote a blog that highlights some creative ways CRE professionals can use hashtags to improve business. Using hashtags is a great opportunity to connect with others who have similar interests in commercial real estate. You can find out more about how RealMassive is utilizing hashtags to help modernize commercial real estate marketing here.
Below is a list of some some top commercial real estate hashtags on Twitter to keep your eye on. You can also find some of commercial real estates thought leaders and influential voices you definitely want to follow:
[table width =”100%” style =”” responsive =”false”]
[row_column]The Broker List
The News Funnel
Globe Street [/row_column]
Linda Day Harrison
RealMassive is THE open and distributed commercial real estate marketplace – delivering access, exposure, and insights to professionals seeking to modernize the industry. Unlike traditional data providers and listing services, RealMassive leverages social media to boost your online presence so you can expand your reach, build your brand and stay ahead of the competition. Sign up today for free.